A man suffered minor injuries in Taunton, Massachusetts on Tuesday night after setting off commercial-grade fireworks at his home, police said.
The man was on his porch with a large amount of fireworks, building launching tube racks, police said. He lit one of the fireworks, setting off a chain reaction of explosions that spread to the side of the house.
A bomb squad was called to the scene to assist the police and fire departments in defusing the situation.
“The use of fireworks except by licensed professionals in Massachusetts is illegal because they are so dangerous,” said State Fire Marshal Peter J. Ostroskey.
Authorities confiscated the rack and all remaining fireworks on the property.
This post was originally posted at http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Taunton-Man-Injured-Trying-to-Launch-Fireworks-512169341.html.